Use this site to find reading suggestions, learn about your Library Media Center, search your school library catalog, get help with your homework, and search our databases by signing into MackinVia.
Middle School Book Club
Join other middle school readers once a month at the Miller Branch library for a lively discussion. For details and a schedule click here.
- LMC Information
- News and Weather
- Mackin Via
- Howard Co. Public Library
- Series and Sequels Checker
- Good Reads
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Books for Youth
- Caldecott Medal
- Coretta Scott King Book Awards
- Great Graphic Novels for Teens
- Michael L. Printz Award
- Mildred L. Batchelder Award
- John Newbery Medal
- Outstanding Books for the College Bound and Lifelong Learners
- Pura Belpré Award
- Robert F. Sibert Informational Book Medal
- Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers
- Schneider Family Book Award
Our Mission The mission of the Howard County School Library Media Program is to provide opportunities for students and staff to become effective users of ideas and information. Learning and teaching, information access, and program administration are the essential elements of school library media programs. These elements suggest the roles that the library media specialist plays in supporting student learning. The functions and services necessary to the learning and teaching and the information access roles will promote that learning directly; program administration activities offer underlying organization support to the program.